Development Assessment Coordinator
Kiama Council is currently going through a period of change and is committed to putting the right people in the right roles to transform its business.
We currently have an opportunity for a Development Assessment Co-Ordinator to join the team in our Planning and Economic Development Department. As Development Assessment Co-Ordinator you will get to ensure the efficient processing of Development Applications in accordance with the requirements of the EPA Act 1979, State Government Planning Instruments and Council's Planning Policy.
What we offer...
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience
- Plus 11% superannuation
- A leaseback vehicle for operational and private use
- Phone and laptop
What you'll need to be successful in the role...
- Qualifications in Town Planning, Urban and Regional Planning or equivalent discipline recognised by the Planning Institute of Australia.
- Class C Drivers licence.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience assessing and determining Development Applications and issuing notices and orders.
- Experience representing Council in the Land and Environment Court and in gathering evidence for successful legal proceedings.
- Excellent communication, consultation and negotiation skills with a strong customer focus.
- Project Management experience including research, planning, report writing and organisational skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience supervising a team and supporting individuals to resolve technical issues, while promoting innovation and improvement.
- Experience using MS Office suite
Interested to know more?
What you'll love about working for Kiama Council...
We understand the need for flexibility and can offer:
- Accrued flex time allowing up to two days off each month for indoor staff
- Nine day working fortnight for outdoor staff
- Hybrid working arrangements e.g. work from home
Generous leave entitlements including:
- Paid parental leave
- Fifteen days of sick leave
- Long service leave after five years
- Casual loading in lieu of leave entitlements for casual employees
We value your health and wellbeing and offer:
- Access to the
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Two paid health and wellbeing days each year
We encourage professional development and learning and development opportunities including:
- Study assistance
- On the job training
- Payment of licenses, tickets and courses deemed essential for your role
Access to social club events for social club members:
- BBQ's, raffles and year round events and celebrations
- Birthday and Christmas vouchers
What you'll enjoy about the Kiama LGA...
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
Contact: Cheryl Lappin, Manager Planning and Economic Development on 4232 0433.
Closing Date: Sunday 17 December 2023, 11:30 pm.
If this opportunity excites you, refer to our and apply on the following page.
All correspondence will be via the e-mail you have provided in your application. (Please ensure you check your "Junk Mail" folder).
- Kiama Council
- Job type
- Full time
- 24 Nov 23
- Applications due
- 17 December 2023