Stand out from the crowd
Show the world and your employer that you meet the highest professional and ethical standards set by Australia’s planning industry body.
Promote your membership status with these postnominals:
|Registered Planner (Fellow)*||RPIA (Fellow)|
|Registered Planner (Life Fellow)*||RPIA (Life Fellow)|
|Life Fellow*||MPIA (Life Fellow)|
|Honorary Fellow||PIA (Hon Fellow)|
* Honorary grade based on exceptional service to the profession and/or PIA
Registered Planner is our highest grade of membership. You can use the RPIA logo to show your achievement.
We promote Full Members and above in the publicly available PIA Members Register.
Find your community
No matter where you live or what career stage you’re at, you’ll connect with your peers and get support as a member through our:
- branch or special interest networks
- industry networking events
- peer discussions on articles and policy development
Advance your career
Get the career support you need to achieve bigger things, including:
- Mentoring programs: upskill as a mentee or share your experience and give back as a mentor
- Face-to-face and online professional development
- 30% discount on PIA events and CPD programs
- Exclusive access to member-only events and free-for-member events
- Fellowship opportunities to acknowledge your contribution
Broaden your knowledge
Discover the latest news with member access to online magazines and eNewsletters.
Australian Planner Magazine: Get new and past editions dating back to 1958.
State Planning Magazines: Get every edition - we’ll post you a copy where relevant.
National & state eNews: Get a monthly update.
Member only emails - Stay up to date with policy changes and important industry news.
Be a voice for change
Enjoy exclusive discounts
We partner with leading suppliers to give you exclusive member benefits and discounts, from insurance to HR support. Find the full list of services here.
Need help? Find out the best membership grade for you by using our membership wizard or contact us at email@example.com: