Town Planner / Senior Town Planner
Barker Ryan Stewart currently has a Town Planner / Senior Town Planner position available in our Ballina office location to assist with an exciting and challenging range of planning and infrastructure projects.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of planning and infrastructure projects across locations in both NSW and Queensland. We are looking for a candidate who will fit well with our planning team and is keen to grow and develop.
At Barker Ryan Stewart, we believe in better. We believe in delivering better projects and outcomes for our clients, our communities, and our environment.
We’re a team of property development and infrastructure experts who specialise in town planning, infrastructure and civil engineering, traffic engineering and transport planning, surveying, subdivision and strata certification, and TfNSW project verification services.
We’re a team who understands that everything we do personally and professionally has an impact on the communities in which we live, work and play. This understanding coupled with our can-do attitude and collaborative approach means we work together to deliver community-focused projects.
- Undertake town planning tasks on projects, both in the office and on site.
- Provide planning services which are fit for purpose, practical, cost effective, comply with relevant design and regulatory standards, and comply with WHS and Quality Control requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of quotations and Tenders.
- Proactively plan, manage, coordinate, track and run assigned projects.
- Provide regular project reviews and reporting to your applicable Manager and Directors as required.
- Provide technical advice to management, staff and clients.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation, policies and regulations associated with town planning and urban development.
- Liaison, coordination and management of clients, sub consultants, authorities and contractors.
- Assign and check work of technical staff assigned to work on a project.
- Review and check town planning and urban design related information prepared by others.
- Undertake site inspections.
- Attend and participate in client meetings.
- University Degree in Planning / Town Planning or equivalent, recognised by The Planning Institute of Australia.
- Minimum two years previous town planning experience, experience in another consulting position would be advantageous.
At Barker Ryan Stewart, we believe in treating our people better by providing a range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Flexible working arrangements such as splitting your work week between the office and working from home, flexible start and finish times, or the number of days spent at work.
- A wide range of professional development opportunities to suit your needs.
- Being social is integral to our culture, we hold an annual conference and a range of other social events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to work on projects across our multiple office locations in Sydney, Central Coast, the Hunter, Coffs Harbour, Northern Rivers, South East and North Queensland.
- Opportunities to become part of our Employee Share Ownership Plan and grow into a leader within the team.
- Our Employee Assistance Program offers ongoing support and confidential counselling services.
How to apply:
If the role and joining a collaborative and driven team sounds like the right fit for you, please click on ‘Apply for this job’.
If you are interested in applying for this position and want to learn more about what is involved,â€¯please email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are fully committed and passionate about diversity, inclusion, and equality within our company. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from different cultural backgrounds, and people with disabilities.
- Barker Ryan Stewart
- Job type
- Full time
- 04 Dec 23
- Applications due
- 4 January 2024