Town Planner (Experienced or Graduate)
As we expand our dedicated and collaborative planning team, Meander Valley Council welcome applications from experienced or graduate Town Planners for two positions.
As a regional Council, the scope of work you will undertake in the Meander Valley will be varied and provides exposure to both urban and regional planning.
As a Graduate Town Planner commencing your planning career, you will gain professional knowledge and experience while working in a stable, collaborative and supportive team environment. Individuals nearing completion of a tertiary level course in a relevant field are also encouraged to apply.
For an experienced Town Planner, you will have a primary focus on statutory planning with the ability to participate in strategic planning projects. If you are ambitious, this role represents an outstanding career opportunity to further your professional development.
These positions are available on a permanent full time basis (candidates interested in a part time arrangement are invited to apply).
Annual salary will be negotiated subject to applicant’s qualification, skills and experience within a range of:
- Graduate Town Planner: $78,286 to $83,122 (pro-rata for part time)
- Town Planner: $88,291 to $97,545 (pro-rata for part time)
Plus 14.5% Superannuation, in accordance with Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
Assistance with relocation expenses may be available and will be determined with the successful candidate (if applicable).
Other benefits include:
- A 19 day month, allowing for a rostered day off to full time employees.
- Up to one hour per month health and wellbeing activity leave.
- Four hours per six month period volunteering activity leave.
- Long service leave is based on 10 years continuous service, with pro rata access after seven years of continuous service.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities.
To view the Position Description and Job Specification (including Selection Criteria) for these roles please visit:
If you would like more information about these opportunities please contact Natasha Whiteley, Team Leader Town Planning on (03) 6393 5344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, applications must include:
- an application form
- a cover letter
- current resume
- a statement addressing each of the selection criteria (maximum of two pages)
Applications are to be submitted by email to: email@example.com
Applications close Monday 11 December 2023 at 9.00am, however Council may proceed with interviewing prior to this date. Applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. Council will remove this advertisement if the position is filled.