Statutory Planning Officer
About the Town
Based in the beautiful inner western suburbs of Perth, the Town of Cambridge has some of the best natural areas, open spaces, recreation, and sporting facilities in the state; Town of Cambridge staff can effortlessly enjoy attractions such as City Beach, Lake Monger and Bold Park in their lunch break, or after work.
Our mission is to maintain and enhance our very liveable suburbs, their streetscapes and character and our vibrant activity centres through strategic, cost-effective management of resources and an enhanced community experience based on a locals first philosophy.
The Town has an officer opportunity in the Statutory Planning team for a motivated planner with a strong foundation in statutory planning. The role involves assessing a range of applications for development and subdivision approval within the Town of Cambridge and providing statutory planning advice to the Town’s customers and stakeholders.
The Town will consider candidates who are newly graduated or experienced planning officers and salary will be negotiated dependant on suitability for the role.
- Demonstrated statutory town planning, policy development and problem-solving skills.
- Previous experience in local government or private sector town planning desirable.
- Demonstrated high-level communication, and interpersonal skills within a customer service environment.
- Current Western Australian ‘C’ class drivers’ license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory provisions relating to planning.
- Proven ability to exercise initiative.
- Tertiary qualification in Town Planning or a related discipline (substantial completion of qualification may be considered).
- Right to work in Australia (birth certificate, current passport or current visa)
Why work for Town of Cambridge
- Up to 16% Superannuation (employer contribution)
- Health and Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training and Development opportunities
- Free car parking
- Quarterly staff cultural awards
How to apply
If you want to help contribute to the Town of Cambridge and make a difference to our community, we would like to hear from you!
Should you require any further information regarding this position please contact Steven Laming on 08 9347 6055
For further information, including detailed positions descriptions, selection criteria, and how to apply for this position please visit the Town of Cambridge Careers page:
Closing date:â€¯ 3pm, Monday, 29 January 2024; interviews may be conducted with suitable candidates prior to the closing date. Therefore, the Town reserves the right to close applications prior to the aforementioned date
- Town of Cambridge
- Job type
- Full time
- 29 Nov 23
- Applications due
- 29 January 2024
- $86,537 to $96,155