Spatial and Data Analyst
Who we are:
Meridian Urban is a leading Australian planning, resilience and adaptation advisory firm. We provide a truly integrated urban planning, risk management and resilience service, delivering specialist advice and strategy to assist government and professional organisations achieve their land use planning and disaster resilience goals.
At our heart, we live each day by our values of Creativity, Integrity, Quality & Value, Connection, Betterment and Celebration of success.
Our Spatial and Data Intelligence Team has experienced strong growth and we see the value in continuing to expand our capabilities. We are seeking to invest further in our spatial and data analytics team as it underpins and integrates with all the work we do. Specifically, we are seeking a full time Spatial and Data Analyst to join our team in Brisbane (or surrounds).
Working with Meridian Urban will provide:
- The opportunity to work at the forefront of natural hazard risk and resilience work across Australia. Our work contributes to making safer communities that respond to bushfire, flood, drought, coastal inundation and erosion, landslide and other natural hazards.
- Opportunities to work on a diverse range of projects across regional and metropolitan areas across the country.
- The opportunity to influence and direct the growth of the Spatial and Data Intelligence Team as we deepen our service offering to clients and expand the spatial and data skillset across our team.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment in which to learn, grow and develop your own skills and profile.
- Flexible working arrangements.
As a Spatial and Data Analyst you will:
- Provide spatial and data analysis services, including geospatial advice, spatial and data analytics, data management and research to solve complex land use and natural hazard risk challenges.
- Prepare high quality written and visual reports, including the preparation of cartographic maps and data visualisations to communicate findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Manage and maintain spatial and non-spatial databases to ensure its accuracy and integrity.
- Analyse spatial and non-spatial data to identify meaningful insights and contribute to data informed decision making.
- Work collaboratively with land use planners across our company to integrate geospatial capabilities and solutions across related projects.
Ideally your skills and experience will include:
- Strong spatial and data analysis capabilities with the ability to interrogate and understand data to identify trends and make insightful findings.
- Proficient understanding of data management principles including experience developing and maintaining spatial and non-spatial databases.
- Demonstrated experience in performing spatial analysis using GIS software (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc).
- Strong cartographic skills and the ability to translate technical spatial information into formats appropriate for a wider non-technical audience (Capabilities in Adobe Illustrator will be an advantage).
- Excellent research and report writing capabilities.
- Experience in automating / scripting workflows will be an advantage, though not essential.
- Previous experience working within a land use planning environment will be an advantage, though not essential.
Your attributes and talents that we value include:
- An ‘enquiring mind’ and desire to test new ideas and theories.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to craft the deliverable to meet the needs of the end-user.
- Strong communication skills.
- An attitude of continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Competitive salary package to be determined by experience.
Please submit expressions of interest by forwarding your CV and cover letter to:
Better urban planning. More resilient communities.