- Are you driven by the opportunity to work for a thriving City committed to organisational excellence?
- Are you ready to apply your knowledge and background to exciting new challenges?
- We work together with you to create a culture based on respect, trust and inclusiveness.
We are looking for an experienced, outcomes focussed individual to join the Statutory Planning and Lands team in the position of Senior Planner.
This challenging and rewarding role will suit an experienced individual who thrives in a busy environment. Mandurah is a fast growing centre with exciting projects in the pipeline and on the horizon and we are looking for a skilled professional to help shape this.
Imagine a future with us
The City is one of the main cultural ambassadors and project leaders for Mandurah. We not only support and empower local businesses, create local jobs and opportunities but foster innovation and creativity in enterprise whilst considering the impact to our beautiful environment. We are ‘woven by waterways (gabi), a city with a village heart (mandjoo koort)’.
At the City, we look out for one another, prioritise respect, are fair, look after your development and wellbeing, foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We are committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted and achieve their full potential. Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. At the City you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realise your full potential.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you
You will be responsible for:
- Providing expert Planning advice to community and stakeholders
- Provide a supervisory and mentoring role for the planners at the City.
- Preparing, coordinating, and managing complex projects, including, but not limited to, complex development applications, structure plans and amendments to the local planning scheme.
- Having a detailed understanding of the City’s local planning framework and seek to improve its functionality and practicality with assigned projects.
- Providing professional and timely advice, guidance and information on a variety of town planning issues to a range of stakeholders.
- Ensuring the City constantly works to deliver sustainable town planning outcomes.
- Represent the City at the State Administrative Tribunal.
What you will bring to the team
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within Urban and Regional Planning (or equivalent).
- A minimum 5 years experience in a Planning role.
- National Police Clearance.
- Sound knowledge of the current WA Statutory planning System.
- Experience dealing with complex applications involving multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to build good rapport with stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and succinct manner.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to apply analytical thinking.
- Sound negotiation skills.
The finer details
This full-time position attracts a competitive Level 7 salary range of $100,090 - $106,351 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience and restricted private use of a motor vehicle (contributory) + Super .
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, identity, experience, ability or thinking style.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Great! To apply please visit our Careers page at . For further information or any enquiries, please contact Aaron Lucas on (08) 9550 3945. Applications for this position are open until a suitable pool of candidates is received. This means the vacancy may close without notice. If you are interested in this position, we highly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Why work with us?
You will be working for the City of Mandurah, an employer of choice and one of Western Australia’s fastest growing local authorities. Our vision at the City is “Woven by waterways, a City with a village heart” and all our employees instil the values of connected, integrity, excellence, courage and innovate.
There are many advantages in working for the City, including:
- A fair salary – enjoy great work conditions including salary sacrificing options.
- Access to free staff parking and less than 50 mins to Perth by train and car.
- Superannuation Guarantee Contributions (SGC) payments with matching additional contributions made by the City in accordance with the City’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Health & wellbeing initiatives, including free recreation centre membership.
- Discounted medical insurance.
- Learning and Development opportunities to fuel your amazingness and take your career to the next level.
- Flexible working hours including 9-day fortnight, 19-day month and working from home options.
- Transparent performance framework: approach your work with confidence in how you're tracking, working to professional development plans agreed on by you and your line manager.
- Generous leave entitlements: provisions for many forms of leave; including annual, personal/carers, parental, study, cultural, domestic violence, compassionate and bereavement leave.
- Employee Assistance Program support: you are encouraged to use this free short-term, confidential counselling service if you're experiencing emotional stress, relationship problems, conflict with others or personal issues. It is also available for financial counselling and retirement planning.
- A vibrant Employee Reward & Recognition Program
- Did we mention Study Assistance, a social club, corporate uniform and much more!
- City of Mandurah
- Job type
- Full time
- 21 Nov 23
- Applications due
- 21 December 2023
- Salary range $100,090 - $106,351 , depending on qualification and experience plus restricted private use of a fully maintained vehicle + Super