Consultant / Senior Consultant (Urban Planner)
Hatch Urban Solutions (formerly RobertsDay) is an award-winning practice at the forefront of shaping the future of cities. Together with our clients, we envision great places that create positive change. Our highly specialised place-led planning and design practice is centred around getting great development built. We have a multi-disciplinary team including urban planners, designers, place makers, economists and transport planners. We work with teams of people who share our passion for creating sustainable communities that enhance the quality of life for current and future generations and deliver commercially successful outcomes for our clients.
As part of Hatch’s Urban Solutions team, we draw from the sharpest minds in city building networked across four continents in urban economics, climate change, transit-oriented-development, infrastructure delivery and mobility. This integrated offer has enabled us to grow and evolve with a multitude of projects in several property sectors across Australia. The considerable depth of experience allows the team to answer some of the most complex questions regarding the future of our cities, challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our people are passionate about creating great places, are inquisitive and creative thinkers, are excellent communicators both verbal and visual, have a high level of enthusiasm and motivation to learn and develop. We place collaboration above all else – it drives the way we service our clients and create alliances with our co-consultants, and pride ourselves on fostering a happy, inclusive and collegiate team environment.
We offer a broad range of benefits, flexible working arrangements and professional development opportunities, and provide ongoing support for the development of your career. As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
As the successful candidate you will;
- Undertake research and obtain insights, conclusions, and recommendations from complex data and incorporate into strategies and projects across urban planning, place, urban design, economics and transport planning disciplines
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, strategies and applications for proposals in the urban development sector and support the team to ensure outputs meet statutory and strategic planning requirements
- Assist in the development of place and design led planning proposals, and propose options/solutions to achieve project objectives
- Provide statutory and strategic planning advice for urban design related and multi-disciplinary projects covering project visioning, development strategy, master planning, detailed design, development guidelines, form-based codes and regeneration strategies and statutory proposals for subdivision, scheme amendments, development applications, local development plans and structure plans
- Organise and participate in visioning, and design and planning workshops
- Liaise with team members, clients and co-consultants, and attend briefings and provide updates on project progress and deliverables
- Comply with adopted Hatch administrative and management procedures
- Assist with knowledge transfer through project participation as well as in-house professional development initiatives
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities that may reasonably be directed by management
- Timely, accurate work of a high quality that is effective in achieving quality outcomes for client projects.
You will bring to the role;
- A degree in urban planning, geography, urban design, landscape architecture, or other related built environment discipline from a recognised tertiary institution
- 1-5 years’ experience in the urban property development industry
- A team focused work ethic, excellent written and verbal communications skills and a client service ethos
- Demonstrated passion for the built environment and the delivery of sustainable communities
- Demonstrated understanding of how a place led planning and design approach can achieve optimal outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of urban planning and design issues and statutory requirements for designing at different scales and contexts
- Demonstrated knowledge of the WA planning system and an ability to understand, interpret and communicate plans, policies, guidelines, schemes and design outcomes
- Excellent analytical skills and decision making ability
We offer a broad range of benefits, flexible working arrangements and professional development opportunities, and provide ongoing support for the development of your career. As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
- Hatch Pty Ltd
- Job type
- Full time
- 17 Nov 23
- Applications due
- 17 December 2023